The first eggs that we raised were amazing, with dark amber color yolks, firm egg whites not at all watery, and the flavor was amazing.
That fall we processed our first meat chickens! A friend who grew up in Guatemala helped me with the first batch. We were fairly slow, we processed 10 in 4 or 5 hours. We gave a few chickens away, froze a couple and ate a few right away. Pasture raised chicken meat is hard to compare to chicken purchased at the grocery store. The meat is firm, moist, and full of flavor.
This is when I realized I was hooked, on fresh chicken meat and eggs!
We finished out 2015 with a bang
Fall/Early Winter piglets:
- 4 sows birthed a combined 40 piglets in less than 24 hours.
- 3 sows provided us with 18 new piglets
- 3 sows farrowed 19 piglets, with 9 of them born on Christmas Day
Fall Farm Projects:
- Large Greenhouse
- Medium Greenhouse
- 2 gravity fed stock watering tanks using tires
- installed new stalls in the barn
- installed 2 wells
- built portable grain bins, that are rodent resistant
Tuesday January 5 2016 we will be delivering our Tasty Meats to drop points throughout the Capital District. Place your orders before 8 PM Monday ORDER HERE