CSA Stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Many farms offer CSAs, each is a little different.
Meat subscriptions (CSAs) are a great way to provide your family with the best possible meats.
Meat from our animals has amazing flavor, is nutritionally dense, and has a completely different fat profile. Our Meat CSAs are a perfect way to ensure your family is eating our healthy meat all year long.
- West Wind Acres meats taste amazing!
- Our Meat CSAs will help you eat healthier. Pasture raised meats contain more protein, less fat, and more nutrition than commercially raised meats.
- CSAs can help plan your meals. Many of our customers love that we take the work out of meal planning. They plan meals around the meats that we deliver for the month.
- The average American consumes 66.5 pounds of beef per year, by switching to 100% grass-fed beef you can save 17,733 calories per year
- Animals at West Wind Acres live on pasture, with fresh air, sunshine, and they can live life as they were designed to.
- Food from local farms has a story
- Food safety: more and more we are hearing about diseases, and recalls in our industrial food. Pasture based farms have much less risk of disease, and our animals are processed in a smaller, facility.
- positive impact on the environment. Rotational grazing is beneficial for everyone, the land, the animals, the consumer, and the farmers.
- Purchasing local: for every $100 you spend with a local Company at least $68 will stay in your community
- By purchasing a CSA you will be helping us to plan our growth
- Convenience We deliver monthly to a community near you
Join our CSA Family Today
West Wind Acres is currently accepting new members. We offer several different CSA packages ranging from 2 chickens per month, up to 40 pounds of meat per month.
Our 20 pound mixed meat CSA is our most popular option. Over the course of 12 months you will receive 240 pounds of meat, including approximately 20-24 chickens, more than a half of pig, and just about a quarter beef. Check out our pricing below
Example 20 pound CSA
This is what one customer received in their 20 pound mixed meat CSA
5.87 lbs Chicken
4.04 lbs Grass-fed ground beef
1.68 lbs T-bone Steaks
2.80 lbs Chuck roast
.76 lbs Skirt Steak
2.24 lbs Pork Chops
1.60 lbs Ham
.71 lbs Bacon
.78 lbs Breakfast Sausage
Would you like to purchase a Tasty Meats CSA today?
CSAs can be picked up at our farm in West Charlton, or delivered directly to your home in the Capital District.