Stefanie made an amazing Apple Bourbon Chili
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 3 medium apples
- 3 medium onions diced
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 2 -28 oz cans baked beans
- 20 oz can red kidney beans(rinsed and drained)
- 3/4 c Jack Daniels
- 3/4 c apple cider
- 3/4 c honey bbq sauce
- 3/4 c tomato sauce
- 3/4 c water
- 1/3 c chili powder (might want to cut this in half if you don’t like kick)
- 3-4 T crushed red pepper (might want to cut this as well)
- 3 T onion powder
- 4-5 cloves garlic
Add baked beans and kidney beans to a 6 quart crock pot on High
Good ground beef in large frying pan. Add onion powder, and garlic. After fully cooking add to the crock pot.
Simmer on medium heat in the same frying pan, Jack Daniels, apple cider, bbq, and water. Bring to a rapid boil then add apples, onions, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, then add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently and then add to the crock pot.
Let cook on high for 2-3 hours, or all day on low.